Thursday, May 2, 2019

Beginning



BEGINNING.....


Today is a beginning for me.  I have had many beginnings. 


Fifteen years ago my daughter Sarah,who was 20, died in a car accident. (Which is the subject for another time.) Last night I began reading the journal I was writing in at the time. It was almost like I was watching it happen all over again.  It was sobering. Tucked in my journal was a journal page I had taken from Sarah's journal.  It was like a snapshot of who Sarah was.  She described her hairdresser coloring and cutting her hair, being sad for missing the opportunity to visit Rachel more while Rachel lived in Logan, me coming for a visit, Jer getting his Jeep registered, and warming up her car every morning.  She saw so much joy in her life.  She felt joy in her life.

Today I choose joy.  I choose to see it and feel it like Sarah did.

I have been sidetracked and bogged down with the negative part of life.  But there is soo much good out there. So much joy. People are good.  Life is good.

So today is my beginning in being led by joy.  I am excited to see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I DON'T KNOW!!   I'm always worried about what other people need or want.  I'm always scouring the horizon when it comes to th...