Monday, May 6, 2019

Joy with Fritters and Friendship

The day after Pink Day B and I had a sweet friend and neighbor stop by and give us the marvelous gift of these Bowman's apple fritters.  Notice there's only two in the picture.  She gave us four.  We promptly ate two within minutes.  With no shame.  And the other two, were saved (with difficulty) for the next day.  There is nothing quite as joyful to me as a surprise of apple fritters.  I love them dearly but hardly ever indulge myself.  I feel like it's selfish, fattening and just plain not good for me.  But when someone gifts me with some, they have to be eaten.  And right away.  Before they go stale. 

How grateful I am for thoughtful, generous friends.  How grateful I am for something so delicious as an apple fritter.  We all need friends. We all need to feel important and special sometimes. And sometimes we just need an apple fritter too. Thank you Pat for the joy and gift of friendship and fritters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I DON'T KNOW!!   I'm always worried about what other people need or want.  I'm always scouring the horizon when it comes to th...