Thursday, September 5, 2024

 



I DON'T KNOW!!  I'm always worried about what other people need or want.  I'm always scouring the horizon when it comes to those around me that I'm closest to.  Have I asked them enough questions about themselves? Do they feel loved?Are they hungry? What would THEY like to eat?  Are they hot?  Are they bored? Do we need to play a game? Where do we go on vacation that will please everyone?  Hawaii?  Did someone say Hawaii?  Do/Did I really want to go there, or are there other places I would like to visit more?  

You get the idea.  I'm so worried about what other people want that I have no clue what I want.  Or need. It's definitely a thief of joy.


We hear a lot about self-care.  What does that even mean?  I know it has something to do with rejuvenation.  But at this point I don't even know what rejuvenates me anymore.  Being alone sounds amazing.  In my own house.  Not on vacation anywhere.  Going on vacation somewhere sets in a whole group of expectations such as going places, seeing new things, trying new things.  I honestly don't want any of that.  Right now.  I also know that there's a fine line between self-care and indulgence.  Ice cream every day isn't self-care.  It's tastes delicious but it doesn't recharge my batteries.  What does?

This is definitely something that will take a lot of thought.  And prayer.  God knows me better than I do. I need to begin compiling a list.....


--Deep Conversations



--The sound of water (rivers, beaches)



--Yoga





--Exercise...really? or am I just saying that because I'm supposed to?  Scary!


--Being outside


Reading




What will bring me JOY?  What brings you joy?





No comments:

Post a Comment

  I DON'T KNOW!!   I'm always worried about what other people need or want.  I'm always scouring the horizon when it comes to th...