Sunday, November 6, 2022



FIRST SNOW




Who knew that we'd be getting a major snow storm on the 2nd of November?  Especially when all we've been experiencing is dry, dry, dry.  But the wind kicked up yesterday and as we all know in Utah, that means a storm is sure to follow.  B and I made sure we mowed the lawn.  Which we haven't done for at least 3 weeks and it needed it.  So it got a haircut and I'm so glad we did.  I'm pretty sure this will be the last mow of the season.  Did I hear a cheer?  You did, from me!  I'll probably fertilize one last time when the weather clears up a bit and it isn't so slurpy. It will make for a beautiful lawn in the spring.


 Did I say I LOVE the first snow?  And the second? And the third?  I love the change in season.  I love being inside with the fireplace on and warm blankets to snuggle in.  Not to mention a good book and good movie.  I've tried to figure out why I love it so much.  I think it's because we get so much heat and dry and sun.  Cloudy with snow is a rarer thing around here.  Yes, we get long cold winters, but the cloudy and snow is a rare thing.  It means I get a cookie baking day.  Or a soup day.  Which I love.  It makes me feel warm, cozy and safe.

Snow is an insulator.  It quiets all the noise out there in the world.  I don't know if it's the snow itself or if it's because people are indoors, so there isn't as much outside noise.  Or maybe it's a combination of both.  Either way, it's a win/win for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

  B and I had to go to the grocery story last Saturday.  I know that is nothing new in ANYONE'S world.  In fact, we go waaay too often. ...