Wednesday, January 24, 2024

 





Succor; a person or thing that gives help, relief and aid.

 I once heard a religion teacher say it literally means ‘to run to’. We see this word in Alma 7:12 that says, speaking of Christ, ‘…and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people…’

That word is Gaye Brown to me.  The morning our sweet Sarah died, the bishop came to our house with the police.  After they gave us the news, he asked if he could share it with you. You were the RS president at the time.  But you had also just been with Sarah on a trip to Ghana less than a year earlier. 

The next thing I knew there you were at my doorstep covered in dirt from doing yard work that morning.  You had ‘run to’ us before even changing or washing up. I remember your nails having dirt on them.  And there you sat and cried with us and shared memories of our sweet Sarah and from when you had lost your amazing Jodie the July before.  It was a special sacred time that I will never forget.  It was ‘Pure religion and undefiled….visiting (us) in (our) affliction’ (James 1:27)

You are a bright spot in the lives of everyone who knows you.  I want to be like you when I grow up.  I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

  B and I had to go to the grocery story last Saturday.  I know that is nothing new in ANYONE'S world.  In fact, we go waaay too often. ...