Wednesday, February 7, 2024

 




I hope you'll indulge me while I wax eloquent for a minute....Friday Chris invited me to go with him and the boys to hike Donut Falls. Good memories from years past. But not the hike I remembered.  I'm getting old I guess. 

It was a beautiful day, albeit a little chilly when we started. And I think for Chris and I it wasn't the hike we quite expected. Although being in the mountains is a good day any day! And for me, I was with the people I love. There were a couple of places where we had to cross the river. Mack was on Chris's back. The first crossing Chris grabbed Lukey and just hauled him over. Beck was fine. There were a couple of other places before the second crossing where I was able to help Luke while Chris had Mack. Beck was a mountain goat. 

When we came to the second crossing (if that's what you want to call it.) It was kinda like getting to the falls up Adams canyon. You're basically on your own except for a precariously placed skinny log with a few others around it. Kind of a free for all

Chris made it across again with both boys. I don't know how he did it. I think both Beck and I managed to step in the water but Chris made it across dry.

I felt bad for not being more help. My core isn't what it used to be.

Here's the deal, if we crossed the river twice getting up there we had to cross it going back.

When we got to the water Chris told Luke to hang on tight. Luke did, but it wasn't good enough. So Chris said 'No, put your arms around me and hang on as tight as you can.'

They made it.

I'm not mentioning what my crossing looked like. 

The rest of the hike was fairly uneventful except for a scraped knee at the end. But it's not a hike with kids unless there's some casualty.


Here's my thoughts...and I know you know where I'm going with this....

Life is becoming full on crazy. We all thought we were in for a beautiful easy life. At least I did! It is beautiful, but not without pain and difficulty.

There are parts (most parts, actually) that we can't do alone. We need help. First of all, we need each other. I'm soo grateful for each and every one of you who are a bright spot and example to me in so many ways that you will never fully know. I love you all soo much!

Also, we need the Savior. He helps us through this life when we don't know how we're going to do it. In fact, he tells us to grab Him by the neck and hold on tight. Because if we don't, we won't make it. He literally carries us. If we will let him. We are nothing without him. Friday, Lukey would have been left behind without Chris. Christ WON'T leave us behind. But we do have to hold on tight to Him. Yes, there are owies along the way but that's when we come in to help each other. And the Savior doesn't carry us the whole way. Just the parts where we would be left, lost and forgotten. I am so grateful for Him. He's my friend. I love Him.

And that's all I have to say 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment

  B and I had to go to the grocery story last Saturday.  I know that is nothing new in ANYONE'S world.  In fact, we go waaay too often. ...